Sunday, October 7, 2012
Pumpkin, pumpkin and more pumpkin!
Ever had one of those days when everything just goes right? I had one today! :)
First of all, I finally got some decent sleep! RLS kicked my ass until around 5 this morning but I was able to sleep until almost 11! YAY!
Secondly, my favorite football team, the San Francisco 49ers won!!! They not only won... they STOMPED the Bills! Woo Hoo! :)
Next, I spent a couple of hours processing a nice size pumpkin and made pumpkin soup, pumpkin bars, pumpkin/potato hash and froze 3 1/2 quarts of pumpkin for future use!
I baked 2 loaves of bread and 8 garlic/basil rolls. My boyfriend made a seitan loaf and we had it in sandwiches tonight on the homemade rolls with the hash on the side! It was absolutely delicious! And, there are plenty of leftovers for his lunch for the rest of the week! Oh yeah, we do it right in this house!
So, here's how you make the hash...
Sweat down an entire small onion and 3 garlic cloves, add 4 large diced potatoes and saute on low heat until almost done. Then, add 2 cups diced pumpkin and stir well and allow to saute until it is tender. Season to taste (I used basil, fresh shredded ginger, freshly ground black pepper corn and a bit of fresh thyme.)
Oh, and the next time you make iced tea, try putting a few fresh basil leaves in it while you steep it! It's INCREDIBLE! And, so good for you!
Well, that's all for tonight folks! Going to watch a movie! I am wiped out after cleaning up the mess from today! Good night kids! Don't forget to smile at a stranger! <3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment