Tuesday, September 11, 2012

My bread recipe



I've used so many bread recipes and couldn't fine one that I liked so, I figured one out! :)  Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

INGREDIENTS:

1 package active dry yeast
1 package quick yeast
2 1/2 cups warm water (about 100-110 degrees... just over luke warm)
1/4 cup granulated sugar
3 Tblspn vegetable oil
1 tspn salt
7 cups flour of your choice

DIRECTIONS:

Turn on some of your favorite music! It's important! Trust me! :)

Put both packs of yeast and sugar in bowl, add water and stir with wooden spoon until dissolved.

Add 2 of the 7 cups of flour, salt and oil and stir.

Allow to sit for 4 minutes.

Add remaining 5 cups of flour and mix with hands.  This is the fun part.  Turn dough out onto clean surface and kneed for 7 minutes.  It doesn't matter if you can't mix in all the flour to start with... it'll get mixed in! :)

Place dough into oiled bowl and turn once so it is lightly coated.  Cover with damp towel and allow to rise for about an hour.  Punch down, form loaves, rolls or whatever.  I usually make two small loaves of bread and a pan of 8 rolls.  Cover pans with damp towel and allow to rise for 30 minutes before baking.  Rolls take about 25 minutes and a loaf of bread about 30.  Should be golden brown and sound hollow when you tap on it.

I also use this same dough for cinnamon rolls and bread!  Just pat it out, add your cinnamon and brown sugar, roll it up and cut it into rolls or leave it as a loaf of bread!  I've also added garlic powder and basil sprinkles to the tops of the plain rolls... It is so versatile!  Have fun with it! Don't be scared! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment